PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-3
Thread: Isle of Man-3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2021, 09:13
virginblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All valid points. But realistically, days of 1980s/1990s style regional travel are a thing of the past. Many airports in Europe that used to have airline service and hub links have lost their links to the outside world completely. For a really small market like the IoM with very little tourism, the overall service is not too bad in the light of the developments of the past decade. One has to be realistic. There are quite a few routes that I could use at my hometown airport in the past that have disappeared with the decline of regional air services, whereas many new LCC routes to obscure places in Eastern Europe have come online that are completely useless to me. But apparently my travel preferences / needs are no longer lucrative for airlines and airports, while those of others are money-makers. Endless moaning will not stop the world from turning.

lfc84

Landing fees are only a drop in the ocean if you want an airline like easyJet to nightstop an aircraft on the island. You need to look at the costs of third-party maintenance, crew accommodation etc. etc.