PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA pilots threatened with AWARD wages
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2021, 06:24
ad-astra

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blackout
I think the MAJOR concern here is that after everything the company has been through with the constant shifting and changing,( i.e Administration, COVID, MOU's, change in manuals, change in Work Rules and now this EA) the mental health of the Pilot group is being tested.

To think that the company will not provide you with a Sick Day payment after the MCG is in my opinion, wrong on every level.

To think that they are in a way, FORCING Pilots to work whilst Sick above MCG, during a CV19 Pandemic and after having sacrificed so much already, is immoral. For eg, If your above your MCG and call in Sick just for your First day of duty on a 4 day trip, the company can possibly take ALL those 4 days off you and you will receive no money at all.

Its a pretty important issue which should be addressed, if they actually care for the well being of their staff !
Blackout,

Is this issue one that should drive a NO vote and send us to FWC?
I think not.
Is the policy wrong?
Yes

If I am sick I will call in sick.
It is only the 'cost' to the pilot that is 'forcing' a pilot to go to work sick, not the company.
If a pilot elects to go to work unfit then we/he/she has a bigger problem.

Yes in the fullness of time it may very well be addressed (I hope so) but considering the voting period starts in two days I would say that nothing will be changing in their offer.
The Award by the way offers 5 less days personal leave.