PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA pilots threatened with AWARD wages
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2021, 00:34
Agent_86

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ad-astra
A lot of experts here with no skin in the game.

A world wide pandemic with historic levels of unemployment in the airline industry and an Australian avaition industry that is being hamstrung by the State and Federal pupet masters on a daily basis.

Having first hand knowledge of what VAA passenger loads are like and the cancellations that happen on a daily/weekly basis through no fault of our own, I have trouble reconciling the unbridled enthusiasm of some to enter into an industrial dispute with VAA during these very tough times.

I am being offered over $200K (fly or not - guaranteed) with 13 days off in 28 (Checkies over $262K)
I am being offered over $260K to fly 70 hours in 28
I am being offered over $270K to fly 80 hours in 28 and take 6 weeks leave.
I am being offered $170 per day in overnighting expenses.
Roster swap systems, overtime credits, protection against stand downs up to RP3 2022, Hard Credits ($) for infringing DDO/unscheduled overnight.

I write this as I hear on the TODAY show that Qantas have just announced 2500 'front line workers' have been laid off for the next 2 months.

We have a current staffing level of about 900 VAA pilots, down from about 2000 VAA pilots and every one of them want a flying job back.

Yep, I'm going to listen to the PPRuNe industrial experts.
Well said Ad-Astra! VA recently demonstrated the lengths they will go to with the new CC agreement, they won't be frightened of doing the same thing to the Pilots either. Take what you can get Folks, it may be your best offer for some time.