PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA pilots threatened with AWARD wages
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2021, 23:20
ad-astra

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot of experts here with no skin in the game.

A world wide pandemic with historic levels of unemployment in the airline industry and an Australian avaition industry that is being hamstrung by the State and Federal pupet masters on a daily basis.

Having first hand knowledge of what VAA passenger loads are like and the cancellations that happen on a daily/weekly basis through no fault of our own, I have trouble reconciling the unbridled enthusiasm of some to enter into an industrial dispute with VAA during these very tough times.

I am being offered over $200K (fly or not - guaranteed) with 13 days off in 28 (Checkies over $262K)
I am being offered over $260K to fly 70 hours in 28
I am being offered over $270K to fly 80 hours in 28 and take 6 weeks leave.
I am being offered $170 per day in overnighting expenses.
Roster swap systems, overtime credits, protection against stand downs up to RP3 2022, Hard Credits ($) for infringing DDO/unscheduled overnight.

I write this as I hear on the TODAY show that Qantas have just announced 2500 'front line workers' have been laid off for the next 2 months.

We have a current staffing level of about 900 VAA pilots, down from about 2000 VAA pilots and every one of them want a flying job back.

Yep, I'm going to listen to the PPRuNe industrial experts.

Last edited by ad-astra; 2nd Aug 2021 at 23:30.