PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 2nd Aug 2021, 11:19
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Some of the posters on here should not be allied to our industry. Bitter and crying people complaint that other want to be pilots, oh it's not fair they are buying their way into flying and pushing us out. They are taking my job or lowering my cash or opportunities. Get real, life is tough. Anyone who just views our job as means to provide a living shouldn't be here. Aviation is a way of life, it's a brilliant industry. It's not perfect and is very susceptible to changes as is demonstrated by our turbulent history.
If you want to be a pilot in today's world, you know it's not going to be like the old days, fabulous money and lifestyle. It's a tough old world and being a pilot had its demands. Challenging times we all know.

The pathetic cry's of no stepping stones, of course there will always be movement. In fact I would expect that RyanAir will be forced to improve conditions as their expansion program will leave them short of crew if they fail to retain their experienced guys. The big issue here for us pilots are the senior guys off the long haul sector will have real difficulties in getting sorted in the SH sector. Wiz, Ezy, FR aren't looking for ex 777, 380 people and never will.

Whilst our aviation industry will bounce back there will be casualties but the SH will be more resistant and FR particularly be the most active due to their style of management. Ruthless fare cutters and operating with the lowest cost and the latest fleet. Efficiency unparalleled at this moment and two big advantages for pilots, solid roster with 5 4 and home every night. No wonder they recruit cadets.