PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Job Opportunities
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2021, 12:40
excrab

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I’m afraid I would even hesitate to recommend the idea of getting an instructor certificate as a way of building hours for a new pilot. Last summer when the first lock down finished as a furloughed airline pilot with an instructor rating I walked straight into a part time instructing job as the clubs in the U.K. were crying out for instructors.

A year later there are plenty of new restricted FI’s looking for work and very few people moving on to any form of commercial flying. Best advice if you have the money for a CPL in the UK would be to get a PPL, night rating and IR(r) at the cheapest place you can find, and spend the next two years building hours, as much as it in IMC as you can to get ready for a CBIR, and work in any job you can. If you don’t have a job then spend 3k on a LGV licence, good money being offered for newly qualified drivers at the moment. Drive a truck and fly on your day off for a few years until you see where the job market is going. Or go to university and get a degree, but in something useful that you can work with and make a living, or become a
plumber/electrician.

Last edited by excrab; 27th Jul 2021 at 20:17.