PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3Harris
Thread: L3Harris
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2021, 15:26
futurepilot22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L3Harris

Hi all,

I am looking to start my UK Integrated ATPL training at the start of next year and have managed to whittle the countless UK flight school options down to L3Harris. From looking at their website, their promotional videos and video tours of the facilities it is where I picture myself the most. Their pilot placement pool, reputation and links with major airlines is very appealing and I believe these atributes would help me get a job in what will be a very competitive market in 2 years time.

Anyhow, I have now started to look at reviews for this company and every single review says the same thing: L3Harris Integrated course is a waste of money, there are constant delays in the flying phases of training with integrated students at the bottom of the pecking order below MPL and RAF cadets adding months on to the advertised duration of the course. They also say that the students are treated as a number with no regard for the fees they have paid and the lack of communication and service they are receiving. A lot of reviews mention that the pilot placement pool is nothing to be excited about, the links that L3Harris has with airlines is dwindling and most students manage to find their own job quicker and with no help from the company (this could be pre covid of course when jobs were in abundance). I did speak to a careers advisor at L3 who mentioned that since the MPL cadet programmes are not running at the moment then there shouldn't be any extra delays in the flying phases due to oversubscription of students but the reviews still paint L3 in a bad light.

Is there any current or past L3Harris students here, or anyone in the know, that are able to confirm or elaborate on the above concerns? I get the feeling I have been fooled by the L3Harris marketing and I may as well pay less money and go to a less well known flight school but get a better service and potentially have the same chance of finding my own job as if I went to L3.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.