PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2021, 08:38
43Inches

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
When Vic was in it's hour of need 4 of our girls volunteered to help, Because procedure and PPE was seriously flawed, something they realised the moment they went on duty, all 4 came home infected, 12 months on, none of them can say they are restored to perfect precovid health, Breathlessness for no apparent reason, bruising that comes and goes in the legs, arms and hands, for apparently no reason. loss of sensation, numbness.
As I said earlier some hospital staff in Victoria are seriously afraid of this virus. They all relate the same story of friends that are bedridden months after 'recovery'. Also you here of the struggle some go through, the BA captain that died from Covid not long ago was seriously ill for 4 months before passing, it is not a nice or easy way to die.

One thing to note; I have mates in the US and UK, not once have I heard the same debate from there as it is here. They all went and got whatever vaccine was being offered and showed the vaccine slip like a badge of honor afterwards. None of them make light of the death rate or that its just "like the flu". As said above I think Australians again being in the lucky country have no real idea what its like if it gets loose, out of sight, make stuff up.