PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair experienced pilot recruitment - UK licenses
Old 21st Jul 2021, 17:41
futurepilot22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future UK pilot with EASA license

How does it work for UK pilots with EASA licenses?
I am about to start training and am deciding between UK or EASA license. I know Ryanair are one of the main recruiters for low hour pilots and would be keen to work with them with the goal of moving to Europe. Therefore I am considering an EASA license. However, this could limit me to only EU airlines with UK bases since I don't have an EU passport.
Does anyone know if Ryanair are keen to higher UK citizens with EASA licenses and base them in the UK with the option to move to an EU base if needed/if a permit or visa can be obtained?
Also, does anyone know of any other EU airlines with UK bases that like to higher UK citizens (ones that require an EASA license, so not Wizz Air or EasyJet since their UK bases hold G-reg planes). I heard Ryanair used to like to higher UK citizens and base them throughout Europe, can anyone else confirm this? Don't know if that will be the case now though.
Come to think of it, is it likely that all of Ryanairs UK based planes will have to become G-reg? Is it not the case that all planes based in the UK must be G-reg and so require UK licenses now? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance for any advice.