PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2021, 23:03
DirectAnywhere

Received 164 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
Whoa, hang on there. That solution is DEFINITELY NOT the way to go. The fear mongering is unbelievable. Mildura has 1 case, and you think Locking down Portland and every other regional town is acceptable. LOCKDOWNS are not the answer for infection cases that are not remotely close to overwhelming the health system. What is necessary is contact tracing and subsequent close contact isolation. Wearing of masks, and washing of hands. (interesting how the hand washing messages of the past have vanished), and getting vaccinated. Lockdowns are causing more deaths from suicide in Australia as a result of economic hardships resulting from business collapses and stand downs than Octogenarians who have passed.

A disturbing trend of media sensationalism I noticed yesterday is the reporting in the vein of "Disturbing exposure sites increases to 280". WTF! who care about the number of exposure sites. The number of deaths is important, and the number of ICU admissions. Seriously - reporting the death of 92 year old from covid, is hardly responsible. Get some perspective Australians.
It's pretty clear that solution IS the way to go, and is the model all state governments will be following until we reach the mythical unicorn of herd immunity by vaccination. Doesn't matter what I think, or what you think, the evidence is clear. Vic should be on top of their outbreak inside two weeks while NSW will be 6 weeks to the end of the current planned lockdown, but no-one of any expertise expects it to end there. Contact tracing cannot withstand the the transmissability of current variants. I wish it were otherwise, but if wishes were horses....