PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sex Offender and becoming a pilot?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2021, 20:17
StuBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She sends me a risque picture of her in her underwear, which I didn't ask for, nor did I think all that much of, aside from being flattered. Eventually the conversation fizzles out and I forget all about it. Looking forward to graduating and heading off to flight school in the summer to complete my fATPL.

Six months later I recieve a message from her.
I think you have perhaps omitted what happened with the 'risque picture' itself inbetween the 'conversation fizzling out', receipt of the 'blackmail' message 6 months later and the call in with the police?

I mean I understand going to the police on the latter part but you have only said the picture was later found somehwere deep in the memory of the phone/laptop. I would be very surprised a case getting as far as it currently appears on the basis of you deleting or not retaining said picture for any unreasonable length of time however the fact it seems to be getting towards the prosecution stage suggests you might have thought more of the picture than you've led everyone to believe ("I didn't ask for, not did I think all that much of").

What did you do with the 'risque picture' that you 'did(n't) I think all that much of' in the time between receiving it and the situation you've found yourself in now? Did you keep it for a perioed of time, such as when the blackmail situation arose? Did you download it or share it with others, Whatsapp etc? Did you delete the picture, if so when etc.? All of this is often the nuance in which these situations rest, and whilst it may be understandable people like to present a better picture than there perhaps is, it isn't really very helpful if such selective facts are laid before requests for advice.