PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Shot - Side Effects?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2021, 04:39
Muttley Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
Mods can we please delete all anti vaxxer nonsense?
Where has he(?) said he identifies as a so-called (by your personal definition) "anti vaxxer" (sic)? You know nothing of his vaccination status or overall outlook on the topic beyond an inclination to free thought. For someone who carries himself as a player of the ball rather than the man your aggressive response, bordering on hysteria, is ignorant, rude and potentially dangerous.

What is the real motivation for your outrage? I doubt it's an over-developed sense of altruism so why does it bother you so much if he posts thought-provoking material? You should be interested to know if you've endangered your aircrew medical with this or any other injection or any medical treatment in general (I know of five, possibly six, pilots who've lost their certificates subsequent to their injections). You should also be interested to know if you've damaged your body by submitting to injection with an experimental substance. Some people seem to be coming to the conclusion they may live to regret being "vaccinated" and are developing feelings of frustration as a result; maybe that's the motivation?

You followed up your emotion-based reply with an attempt to explain your opinion using "facts" by way of more opinion, padded out with a link to a gov't statement. This statement ducks around the real issue with vague terminology to reassure the reader while explaining nothing of the fact that this country does things differently and with less transparency than some others. Where is the Informed Consent on this vaccination programme, a requirement in some other countries, here in Australia? Emergency Use Authorisation status in other countries is a fact regardless of which words they use here to placate the masses. I pity the fool who reads that sort of propaganda and believes it word for word.

There's a lot of people here reporting no side-effects a day or two after being injected but, presuming they expect to live healthy lives for many years onward, I'd say it is far, far too early to be assuming there are no side-effects whatsoever of these experimental substances.

Quite a few here refer to the concept of anti-vaxxers being about "me" but pro-vaxxers being about "society." This is disingenuous at best; they are all about what they think is best for themselves and therefore some think it is "good" if everyone else in society does what they want them to. If you've had a "vaccination" please don't engage in this virtue-signalling about "the greater good" and "what's best for society" and instead be honest about your not-unreasonably self-centred desires.

I have not stated whether I will or won't be or already have been vaccinated.