PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Hawk T1s will be gone by 31 March 2022
Old 16th Jul 2021, 18:48
Foghorn Leghorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DuckDodgers
Concur, Air Cap at HWY will miss the boat and be last to market as they believe everything should be synthetic even though GLADIATOR and TFST are far from what was promised. I genuinely don't know how you can replace circa 5,000hrs plus with pure synthetics in the next 8 years let alone 8 months?

Europe through the EDA and its members are probably more agile, less susceptible to decision paralysis, and actually see the benefit of live training. Just as well the UK remained a third country through bilateral administrative arrangements post-BREXIT where UK industry can benefit and partake programmes..................oh wait.
We all know that you can’t replace 5000 hours with synthetics. Unfortunately, the hierarchy will not back down even though everything tells them its wrong. Sure, use synthetics to supplement, but not replace.

I’m chuckling at the mess that’s going to unfold in terms of aggressor provision when the Ton folds. 9 Sqn is on its knees and has been for some time.

I suppose the only chance of a sane, rational decision to be made would be a COCO aggressor option - and quickly.