PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2021, 03:02
SandpitNinja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ASP

Hi pimpslayer,

It went well for me, I ended up walking away with a high recommendation for Pilot. I was one of 2 out of 7 candidates on my course.
Everyone on my course Met the Required Standard (MRS) which is great and apparently quite rare, but not everyone got recommended for their first job preference.
SAYING THAT, most of the guys still did really well and were given recommendations for ARMY - Pilot which they're chuffed with.
one thing the ASP does really well is educate and motivate candidates on the different types of flying that all 3 services perform and most of us would have changed
our preferences even before getting our results based on the info they provide. Best advice is to go in with an open mind and listen to everything the advocates have to say.

I don't know what you mean about an additional aviation battery, if you want to elaborate I'm happy to share whatever I can, having been through it now.

The long and short of it is that if you've found the RAF CBAT TMI page (and trust me, they know TMI exists, they know PPrune exists and they know about the CBAT app)
which outlines the tests and have been practicing your mental arithmetic, there aren't TOO many curve balls. From that point it just comes down to how you do on the day.
Obviously they keep a few aces up their sleeve for the real testing and it really makes you think quite quickly in order to react effectively (fancy that for a military pilot application).

Good luck to anybody looking to attend ASP in the future.
It's a roller coaster, but if you think about it as a fun experience and make an effort to get along with the people on course, you really can't lose.