PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2021, 22:11
Downwind_Left

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great arrival experience today at LGW this afternoon with TUI (from a Green List Destination)

Had been braced for the worst after hearing horror stories about long waits in arrivals at UK airports generally.

Aircraft arrived on stand a couple of minutes early on 47L, followed by a 10 minute wait for steps.
10 minute walk to immigration to find e-gates open and no queue whatsoever. Straight through with a friendly comment from the host asking If I'd had a nice holiday.
Downstairs to find all bags already on carousel. On way to car 15 minutes after disembarking, 25 min after arriving on stand.

Yes it was mid-afternoon and airport was quiet, but still a pleasant and stress-free experience.

Only criticism would be that every single travelator airside in North Terminal was switched off and barriered off as out of use. I know the airport is saving money by doing this... But a lot of the people on my flight weren't young and the nearly 800m walk was a huge hike. Thought it was a bit of a middle digit to many of their customers currently providing vital business to the airport. Personally, I tend not to use them before/after being sat idle on an aircraft for hours, even preferring to walk the tunnel to/from the B/C Gates at LHR T5.