PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex KA captains being offered JFO position
Old 11th Jul 2021, 12:31
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Gnadenburg

There is a lot of inaccurate information being posted on this thread to make CX pilots seem inept or incompetent, for example you stated earlier that CX does not fly visual approaches, they are flown daily on everything from the A330 to 747. I have had a KA jump seat CN with a J class FOC that had been in the company less than a year, total time around 6000 hrs, the A320 was the only aircraft they had flown since flight school, never flown in Asia before. During the flight he made several insensitive comments about his remuneration and benefits which my 10+ year local SFO was not too pleased about. The hyperbole over many threads by a few ex-KA pilots is dong the majority a vast disservice. The KA guys I knew would never say that sort of thing to my face, we had mutual respect for each others job.

Alistair

Have a look further up in the thread, I replied to dualbleedfauls post saying they operated 150 flights to the PRC a year (i.e 300 sectors), "How any KA pilot could have done 150 PRC trips a year is beyond me, two months of leave and all those other days off." 80ish flights a years like you were saying was very normal, that is only an average of 2 a week. As you have demonstrated around 1/3 of your flights were outside the PRC.

Current advertised contact rates for A320 captains in the PRC are around US$4000 per month, pre-COVID it is was up around US$20,000. To set the bar so low they must be getting takers, US$4000 is better than zero.