PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cosford air show cancelled
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2021, 17:10
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy
well at 200 quid ish for a the most basic tickets for some of the Euro knockout stage games there certainly was a financial imperative behind keeping the euro games going, and there was also a requirement for mandatory antigen test <72 hours before attendance at some if not all games…how did Cosford compare with regard to ticket prices and testing protocol?
I'm sure the tickets were no where near £200, but I don't believe Cosford ever got around to releasing details about the event beyond it being postponed, and now as last year, cancelled. Sanicole in Belgium is going ahead but with a much reduced ticket availability, about 7,500 each day. They've already put together an impressive flying programme. I've no idea where we'll be anytime next year, it would seem the vaccination programme, in terms of official and professional (medical/science) confidence has been abandoned. They appear to have no amount of faith in the vaccine's success. It's impossible to know what is going on and the genuine risk of unacceptable Hospitalizations and loss of life, far too much is made of the infection rate and not how it breaks down. I'd like to know if any of the SAGE committee see the virus being brought under satisfactory control, ever. I also think it is remarkable that a member of SAGE is a paid up member of the British Communist Party.

FB