PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No LPV approaches in UK from 26th June due to Brexit
Old 8th Jul 2021, 18:58
Alex Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From that linked document, in various places, my bold:

The EGNOS Safety of Life (SoL) Service is provided openly and is freely accessible without any direct charge. It is tailored to safety-critical transport applications in various domains, in particular, the service is compliant with the aviation requirements for Approaches with Vertical Guidance (APV-I) and Category I precision approaches1 , as defined by ICAO in Annex 10 [RD-1]

Two EGNOS SoL Service levels (NPA and APV-I) were declared with the first issue of the EGNOS SoL SDD v1.0 in March 2011 and an additional one (LPV-200) was declared with the EGNOS SoL SDD v3.0 in September 2015 enabling the following SBAS-based operations in compliance with requirements as defined by ICAO in Annex 10 [RD-1]: • Non-Precision Approach operations and other flight operations supporting PBN navigation specifications other than RNP APCH, not only for approaches but also for other phases of flight. • Approach operations with Vertical Guidance supporting RNP APCH PBN navigation specification down to LPV minima as low as 250 ft. • Category I precision approach with a Vertical Alert Limit (VAL) equal to 35m and supporting RNP APCH PBN navigation specification down to LPV minima as low as 200 ft.

The European Union, as the owner of EGNOS system, the European GNSS Agency (GSA) as EGNOS Programme manager and ESSP SAS, as EGNOS services provider, expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind (whether expressed or implied) to any party, other than Aviation Users specified under 2.2.2 above [see below], and/or for any other use of the EGNOS SoL Service including, but not limited to the warranties regarding availability, continuity, accuracy, integrity, reliability and fitness for a particular purpose or meeting the users´ requirements. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by a user from the European Union, GSA or ESSP SAS and its business partners shall create any such warranty.

[from para 2.2] EGNOS SoL signal covers also territories outside the EU. However, authorising and safety oversight of the use of EGNOS in civil aviation outside the EU falls within the sole responsibility of the respective third country. ESP will support the operational use of EGNOS based procedures via the signature of the EGNOS Working Agreement (EWA) provided that the level of safety at least equivalent to the Single European Sky requirements can be demonstrated by the interested parties on a case by case basis and that there is an agreement between the EU and the third country on the use of EGNOS SoL

The EWA includes ...... NOTAM Proposal Origination: Outlining the terms and conditions under which the ESSP SAS will provide EGNOS NOTAM proposals to the NOFs of the organisation providing Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) under the scope of a signed EWA