PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paid PPL instruction on CPL with Class 2 medical?
Old 6th Jul 2021, 23:05
simon1013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paid PPL instruction on CPL with Class 2 medical?

I have searched for an answer to this both within Part-FCL and on PPRUNE and am still not quite sure. Maybe somebody can help? It seems like a bit of a jigsaw...

I know from FCL.205.A that PPL (with FI privileges) may get paid for instruction. I also know from FCL.305.A that a CPL holder may exercise the privileges of the holder of a PPL.

You need only a Class 2 medical to hold a PPL so that means that you may get paid, as a PPL (FI) holder with a class 2 medical. However, I have a CPL and I see that a CPL needs to have a Class 1! Is it within the regulations for me to 'downgrade' to a Class 2 as a CPL (FI) holder and still get paid for teaching ab initio PPL?

I know this has been covered before, so please accept my apologies but the information I found was old and related to the around the era when the remuneration for PPL instruction change came in.....so thanks in advance for anything more up to date. A pointer to something more substantial in Part-FCL would be ideal!!