PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No LPV approaches in UK from 26th June due to Brexit
Old 5th Jul 2021, 17:58
gipsymagpie

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by H Peacock
How did anyone ever think the EU would be anything but!? Very naive!! 😬

Anyway, so it’s now left to me in the cockpit to deselect (or not) EGNOS to force the LNAV/VNAV to be loaded into the FMS instead of the LPV? 🤔
So why can’t KLM still use the LPV going in to Humberside, surely they are entitled to use EGNOS anywhere it’s available. I therefore assume I can still legally fly the LPV into Frankfurt!
It's all to do with the airport not the aircraft operator. The SoL service paried with a working agreement between the airport and EGNOS (an EWA) meant that EGNOS was legally responsible not the airport for service level provision (particularly the 6 secs to highlight a satellite failure during an LPV). Without the EWA (which are no longer valid), there is no longer teh right legal backstops in place. So airports cannot use LPC any more.

You also do not need to deselect EGNOS. The open service is still completely legal to use and that is what is required for LNAV/VNAV. You just switch to the higher LNAV/VNAV minima.