PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Shot - Side Effects?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2021, 01:46
MickG0105

Received 196 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Derfred
You haven’t read carefully enough.

The 5 deaths reported in my quote were specifically thrombocytopenia, which has been directly linked to the AZ vaccine, and these 5 deaths were following a second dose.

Thrombocytopenia is normally such a rare condition that the spike in thrombocytopenia following AZ is now undisputedly linked to the vaccine.

The deaths in your quote are not all necessarily linked to a vaccine, as noted in the sentence prior to your bolded sentence.

I was specifically responding to dr dre who said he believed there had been zero thrombocytopenia deaths following a second AZ dose. I merely point out that there is data for such deaths, and the data indicates that slightly over 90% of the deaths occurred after a first dose (65), and slightly under 10% after a second dose (5).

If people want to conduct their own risk management, they need the data, or they need a trusted GP.

The UK data therefore indicates a risk of 5 in 20M, (or 1 in 4M), if you survived the first dose of AZ and are considering a second dose. Your risk may be higher if you are younger.
So based on the UK data of some 70 deaths from over 20 million administrations you can conclude that the AstraZeneca vaccine is 99.99965 percent safe with regards to fatalities arising from thrombocytopenia.

And when you say, 'if you survived the first dose of AZ', again based on the data, there is a 99.999675 percent chance that you would have 'survived' that first dose.