PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Diversity Chief
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2021, 07:32
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless

1. "Airman" is a USAF Rank.

Despite the "Woke: plague attacking us in the United States.....at least we have not gotten to the sordid lows of the RAF in worrying about pronouns, ranks, and such trivial issues.

We. have our own problems with CRT, White Privilege, and other racist agendas but that is another story.

So Colonel Blimp....you ever been shot at from up close with automatic weapons, RPG's, and direct rifle fire?

If not....you have no basis upon which to understand the Warrior Ethos of a Soldier, Salilor, Marine, or Airman.

Unless you have.....please don't lecture anyone about calling a Soldier a Warrior.

Steady there. I don't think that sort of language is necessary. Colonel is not a rank we use in the RAF.

Like many in the modern RAF, I have been under fire. I have also been held at gun point, besieged in a compound, and was commended for confronting, with my pistol, an EAG in the Balkans who had kidnapped two RAF personnel. Not many RAF personnel can claim that but I still don't like the term Aviator or Warrior and I am entitled to that opinion, thanks very much.