PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE - GA Jobs 2021
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2021, 02:17
jet_pilot00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andre Meyer
Maybe instead of spending more money on additional hours you can spend it on getting trained up in other areas that support a Charter or Flight School / Club business?

Perhaps IT or Accounting, that way your foot in the door is not necessarily in the aircraft yet but you'll definitely be able to hear when opportunities become available.

Or perhaps get a trade qualification which you can use in town to earn money whilst you wait it out for a job.

I've heard stories of sparkies going up north flying during the week and being a sparkie over the weekend.

I hope it works out for you - things can't be bad so many times in a row without something good happening at the end.

I agree! My first interview to a farmer out west basically went ->
"I only have a CPL and 200 hours"
"We need more experience"
"No worries. A ute, work boots and enough tools and experience to build a house do ya"
"See you Tuesday"

Was the one job out of the lot that I really really enjoyed too! At one stage we (other pilot and I) were charging around the farm with a backhoe and a front end loader, both with trailers and not a brake pad between us!

Everyone has a CPL. What can you add for these companies that will make you stand out, something that makes your employment in the "down time" attractive to them instead of having a one-trick pilot sitting there burning up the bottom line?