PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UKSAR2G - MCA CivSAR Second Generation
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2021, 19:26
jimf671

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Airbus Helicopters UK LTD
Only bidding for the whole thing (Lot 4). Do we take from this that such a big outfit is only interested in a contract of sufficient size to extract a decent amount of profit? Are we going to have to deal with a Super Puma public backlash? This time, is this more about recovering a battered reputation? Draken expected to provide some solid SAR skills.

Bristow Helicopters Ltd
The incumbent has won all but four of the twenty-odd UK SAR contracts and are providing a good service. They know how to do this. They have emerged from rough times and merged with ERA. Apparently undiminished in their SAR ambition. I wouldn't bet against them.

EEA Helicopters Operations B.V.
Parent of CHC who are a former UK SAR contractor. Also been down a rocky road and come out the other end. Current Irish Coastguard SAR incumbent. They know how to do this. Referred to the CMA over their purchase of part of Babcock's helicopter operation.

Serco Limited
One-time electronics company turned general government contractor perhaps in a similar vein to Babcock. Always had some aviation involvement, including aircraft maintenance and airfield support services for the RAF. Expected helicopter partner unconfirmed.

I know you'll all help me out if I got any of that wrong.