PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2021, 23:21
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere

It will be very difficult for the Federal Government to sell the narrative of the effectiveness of our quarantine and vaccine rollout in an environment where the only response the states feel is available to them are lockdowns and border closures. The feds should be hammered on this - and rightly so. My tip is that if Sydney and Melbourne are locked down and locked out again, the Morrison government is finished.
I doubt it. It has become a battle of 6 states and 6 premiers against each other, and people have taken sides depending on where they live and which side of politics they support. An effective and competent leader would have pulled the nation together, however we have a weak and incompetent PM. Off sightseeing and drinking at pubs in the UK whilst simultaneously fearmongering about how dangerous the situation is in the UK on breakfast TV when he got back and how, even with vaccination, we can’t open back up again indefinitely. And he’s copped almost no backlash for it.

Jetting off to the G7 in his big A330 like he’s a powerhouse influence in the world whilst his country is not only closed to the world, his own states aren’t even open up to each other.

Morrison has always been a weak leader, the bushfires proved that, just a marketing guru (a marketing guru who was sacked by Howard) parachuted almost accidentally into the PM’s position. I’m glad everyone got their franking credits and negative gearing, unfortunately competent leadership wasn’t included in the package.