PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How PRIA Affects Foreign Pilot Applicants for Regional Positions
Old 24th Jun 2021, 15:23
IllinoisDavidson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right now it is just PSA and Piedmont that my husband has experienced this 'two round' interview deal. It starts with an asynchronous video recording of him answering some HR-related questions. The first was in April I believe. Then waiting for a couple of months and a scheduled technical interview that's either on the phone or synchronous video conferencing. Maybe this is a pandemic-related change?

To answer your question Sunrig, my husband has applied to every airline. Literally every airline in the US. Even the newly-founded one from the JetBlue founder (Breeze Airways I believe?). So far he has been getting nibbles just from the regionals, but he certainly has the experience (a little low on flying hours) for the LCCs. The Legacies feel like a moonshot (though he has applied to them all), but hey, never say never. Any advice on how to make his resume and application more competitive for the LCCs would be much appreciated. He now has his FAA ATP with A330 type-rating.