PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 16th Jun 2021, 13:30
Grumpypilot12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ve been reading this thread since the beginning. First post:

The negative chat about the guys working as butchers is completely ridiculous. Fair play to them, every respect for putting ego aside and rolling up their sleeves.

Slating the Emirati cadets; these guys have worked hard to get where they have. Just like we all did landing our first airline job back in the day. Are we surprised EK want to get some of their own into the right hand seat? Okay they lack experience but cadets fill spots all over the globe, how else are they going to get it? Talk of an impending crash is senseless.

I’ve gone through the 5 stages of grief multiple times after losing my A380 position. Although I didn’t like how it was done, I understand why it was done, especially now the results are out. It’s terrible luck flying completely the wrong aircraft at literally the worst time, during a global pandemic when no one wants to travel.

What to do? Get on with life. Use all those ‘transferable skills’ to do something else and make the most out of the down time before flying picks up again, and it will!

That’s it really. Be bitter and go mad or move on. Fully prepared for the standard nasty pprune backlash/trolling from this post….