PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 vaccine and future pilot risks?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2021, 17:15
ale.masetti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COVID-19 vaccine and future pilot risks?

Hi everyone,
I have been considering my vaccination over the past few months as I am approaching the age of being vaccinated.

The one thing that concerns me is the possibility of being vaccinated and developing a long term condition a few years after receiving the vaccine, taking me out of the cockpit after making the monstrous investment into it. We don’t yet understand the risk of that happening as the vaccines haven’t been out there for years. Now, I’ve ramped up my research around the topic to understand the risk of that happening and put my mind at rest.

what worries me even more is the possibility of Heath organisations reporting issues developing in the long term because of vaccines and insurance companies, being vicious as they famously are, adding clauses saying you won’t be covered if you’ve been vaccinated.

questions are:is anyone else thinking about this? am I tripping too hard here?
if not, has vaccination been spoken about by pilot insurance companies? What have they said?
Have insurance companies pulled pilots’ legs like that before?

everyone’s input is very welcome and I’m mainly interested in what people from Europe have to say here (EASA and CAA/UK regulated countries)