PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skippers Aviation Cessna Conquest makes forced landing on highway
Old 13th Jun 2021, 01:34
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
You Lead Ballon, simply do not get it!

I never ever said there was a diesel version of the Conquest - but I do know there are written procedures to allow it's use in the Garrett engine.

The point is you have zero idea (nor do I) of what damage was done to the engines if any - even though it made a short flight without "further" incident.

It could have effects on the fuel nozzle that torch the turbine to extent that it showered Broome with blade fragments killing several people or simply clog the fuel system and fail the engine again after X minutes of running.

I doubt either the engine or airframe manufacturers would say simply add fuel and go - but what would they know.

On piston engine aircraft water blocks the nozzles & requires a fair amount of work to remove it once ingested.
If there had been a lot of damage would not the ground runs have shown this pretty quickly? Wouldn't they have seen evidence of severe damage even with just a basic check of the fuel nozzles etc...? Also I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has managed to do this, undoubtedly the Engineers have either seen it themselves or knew someone they could contact that have seen it happen.

Last edited by Ixixly; 13th Jun 2021 at 02:16.