PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2021, 03:32
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster Hyman
Could’ve sworn that I’ve seen bridges in Sydney.
Haha, me too.

Makes me laugh that I innocently posted a reference to a segment on a news program (although I use that term lightly with Sky) by a demographic expert and every pretend expert on this forum has unleashed their mob-wisdom to discredit it without even realising what the point the guy was making was.

YES, people cross from one place to another in Sydney, but the ENTIRE BLOODY POPULATION doesn't do it on a daily basis. When you have a clump of suburbs in Melbourne that have an outbreak, there is no bridge or harbour or natural barrier, every suburb almost without exception borders (often on the other side of the street) with the next suburb. Given that not all 100% of people in Sydney drive to every other suburb separated from their region by a river or bridge every single day, it's OBVIOUS that sunken rivers and other barriers provide 'some' separation that does not exist in most other states, especially Victoria.

Precisely because of the bridge that you refer to this guy's position does have some merit, whether all the self-appointed geniuses on here agree with it or not. There is a physical/topographical difference between Sydney and Melbourne.