PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "CAA's Cellma fails the medical" - Pilot Mag.
Old 6th Jun 2021, 10:13
Lordflasheart

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
JC - If I read the CAA charge sheet correctly .........

You have to pay to the CAA £14 for the privilege of playing their registration computer game and/or £14 before each medical thereafter.

Your AME also has to pay the CAA £14 for the privilege of conducting your medical and uploading the data therefrom. Payable as a global sum every three months.

I also found the CAA's cunning plan for system failure - Look for 'downtime policy' here - https://www.caa.co.uk/Aeromedical-Ex...ecords-system/

"Should the system failure period be > 48 hours but < 2 weeks then paper copies of medical forms should be kept securely and loaded once the system is available

Should the system failure period be > 2 weeks then paper copies of medical forms must be submitted to the UK CAA Medical SSC for loading."

Presumably during the 'down time' the previous paper system kicks in to keep you flying and safe from Ramp Checks. Interesting company engaged. I hope they've got plenty of anti-hacking tinfoil in store.