PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi engine helicopters - Governor failure procedure
Old 6th Jun 2021, 04:59
Jelico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for everyones input. Obviously, flight manual procedures come first. I was looking for general input to put a presentation together on the subject. Have even had the pleasure of a high side gov failure in a 355 a few years back. I wanted to put some power points together on the general differences between transitioning from single engine helicopters to twins. Lots of resources available online and in the books/manuals on Cat A procedures, engine failures etc but very little on governor/ecu failures. My own experience was confusing, and presented very similar to an engine failure on the good engine. I guess I am looking for some good cheats, on the diagnosis side of things. One you've figured out what you're dealing with, training takes over and it is usually manageable - but it can be hard to figure out in the heat of the moment, along with the surprise and a few screaming pax mixed in.. Appreciate the posts, all useful for what I am trying to do. Thanks