PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow sponsored cadet (HP61) programme 2021 launched
Old 5th Jun 2021, 18:58
Ant T

Received 26 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sir Korsky
It's called pragmatism sweetie ! Clearly you're not a helicopter pilot or have ever lived the life of one. This is a tough business and a cruel one. There is no space for woke pansies believe me. The comments reflect the pain that folk have suffered in this business, the good times and the bad. You can guarantee those sweet little Bristow cadets will be swinging the same bat after 20 years of lies, mistrust, dishonesty and other associated assortments of **** that goes hand in hand with this shambles of an industry. So off you run back to the GA forum...there's a nice little question on best windscreen wax that needs answering.....
You can guarantee those sweet little Bristow cadets will be swinging the same bat after 20 years of lies, mistrust, dishonesty and other associated assortments of **** that goes hand in hand with this shambles of an industry.
You cannot guarantee that - not everyone has the bitter views that you seem to have. I trained with Bristow in the mid-80s, went through two periods of full-time employment with them (including one (voluntary) redundancy), as well as many years working as a part-time contractor. My personal experience of 35 years associated with the company has not involved any “lies, mistrust, dishonesty” or any significant “assortment of ****”. They have always been very supportive, from the initial fully funded training, through instrument rating, type ratings etc, keeping me employed during a two-year period of medical issues, and welcoming me back into the company whenever my situation and their requirements coincided.

I do not suggest that everyone has had the same good experiences with them - certainly in recent years the crew room has not always been totally happy, but speaking to colleagues who have spent time at the other North Sea operators, most still seem to think that Bristow are a good company to work for, in difficult times for the industry.