PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi engine helicopters - Governor failure procedure
Old 2nd Jun 2021, 11:20
SARWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gulliBell
My advice is:

1. read the procedure for this malfunction in the RFM, and
2. do what it says.

Then you can't go wrong. Problems arise when pilots think they know better and do something else.
I think that’s a given, for anyone with any airmanship. The problem I think Jelico is alluding to is that usually the RFM doesn’t give you any advice on technique for manual flight other than to ‘remain within limits’. You can make it hard for yourself, or easy for yourself depending how you are taught, and what techniques you use to remain within limits. I surmise Jelico refers to light twins which don’t have dual redundant fadec control: AS355, A109, EC135, MD902. Not many in that category do except the very latest variants, and the RFMs don’t give you any advice on technique. It is for instructors to teach the best practices, and to ensure the RFM procedures are handled. Jelico my advice, ask questions, take what you will from it, but above all else, fly with good instructors who can tell you how best to achieve the intent of the RFM.