PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 727 Holiday jets.
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2021, 18:15
TCU

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I visited Madeira for the first time in September last year, during the brief reprise in lockdown, flying BA's service from LHR, and like most arriving passengers, enjoyed a wonderful "sporty' arrival in that endless windshear, which the BA A320 crew handled beautifully.

I live in Cape Town and had been repatriated back to the UK on 27th May 2020, along with my young son, to be re-united with my wife who had become trapped in the UK when the worlds borders had shut (Our repatriation flight turned out to be he 4th last ever BA 747-400 passenger service, on G-CIVO). Having spent so much time on BA42/43 and 58/59, I am still sad the -400 will never again grace the skies over Cape Town.

I had never before appreciated the physical link between the UK, Madeira and SA, so beautiful described by rog747. The common flora and fauna along with Madeiran cultural influence, makes anyone who enjoys the Western Cape as their home, immediately feel at home on that vey special island.And yes, Reids is wonderful.

Hopeless waffle on my part.