PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers refused boarding amid testing confusion
Old 29th May 2021, 14:27
Laarbruch72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kent Based

Is the ID of a person sampled checked during the proper tests? I mean if I had a temperature I could avoid getting a positive test by submitting the swab from another, healthier person.
Yes. I did a private test at Gatwick on Thursday, I had to provide my passport details during the online booking, and then the clinic staff carefully checked my passport in person. They won't perform the test without it, and the test certificate also bears your passport number which border officials have cross checked today arriving into Croatia.

On the original story, I also detect a whiff of BS. I've found it very, very easy to research what testing is needed and where to get it, it's really not rocket science. You need a PCR test from a private provider, it's that simple. I suspect our heroine has tried to wing it, and when she was caught out she's now trying to fib her way out of the hole and blind people with some pseudo science.