PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2021, 11:45
Duck Pilot

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
Some very self-centered people with very narrow views that think they have done it hard during this World Wide pandemic.

Pretty much no country other than North Korea has enough immunity to open up yet and many other countries simply do not have the resources, funds or capability to vaccinate even a small percentage of the citizens that want to get vaccinated - for many it will only ever be a dream to get vaccinated.

Here in Australia a first World nation we have hardly touched the surface with vaccinations (so much so it is embarrassing).

Yet the High and Mighty think that just because they have been fortunate enough to get vaccinated, that the World should instantly open up just for them!

Bugger the rest of the World Citizens, that you can easily infect by carrying the virus to what even destination you feel you have the right to visit.

Must love the self-righteous arrogance of some.
So how have you been directly effected by the pandemic?

I’ve been out of full time employment for over 12 months, compounding unpaid debts over my head and I have recently had to sell my car in an attempt to financially recover. I elected not to go on the doll and worked my way out of the mess, which I have successfully done,

How dare you refer to me as being self centred and opinionated and all the rest of the drivel - that’s an insult!

Anyone who has been stood down, terminated from their employment or business owners who were forced into restricting or ceasing their business activities, due to the pandemic would probably feel the same way as I do. Overall I haven’t done to bad getting through the mess, however I know others have and still are suffering financial stress and potential ruin. We need a solution, the vaccines are the best we have now to reduce the deaths and bring things back to some form of normalcy.

Last edited by Duck Pilot; 29th May 2021 at 21:34.