PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific rebranding to...
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2021, 08:07
HKGDTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oli777

Not only the above... but the company claims to be in financial distress yet they have been opening job postings and just hired that new Diana ex EK, EY for the HEAD OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT role... Want to bet she earns more than a COS18 Basic salary 747 FO nowadays along with allowances on closed loop? While MANY of us are on visa pending status likely to be canceled , CX managed to bring her from UAE in these times... WTF?
I did not want to bring this up on a forum or anywhere else but I am pissed off and perhaps it serves as a WARNING to many in the near future. A colleague who took VSS, told me how GBS replied to his goodwill repat ticket request. The ticket as per VSS release letter is a given and it is not subject whether you signed COS18 or not, furthermore it overrides COS18 or any prior arrangement as stated on the release letter. GBS told him that he was on a local contract, thus he was not to be awarded the goodwill ticket. So, if the goodwill tickets arent issued because HKG based pilots are now COS 18... Why did the company offer it on the VSS scheme? To whom would it be issued then? Unbelievable times... Rebranding in the midst of a financial upset with a very uncertain near future due to the government erratic imposings... I wonder what is next really. Was it no supposed that immigration dept. was going to give comms on what the decision was going to be regarding visas early last week?