PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737-200 'Holiday Jets'
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2021, 01:38
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooncrest
Maybe not Sabena but certainly Sobelair, their charter associate. Should also mention Caledonian, British Airtours' successor. I don't know if Air France and Lufthansa ever involved themselves with this sort of business, likely leaving it to the likes of Air Charter, Euralair and Condor.

I did fly on an Olympic 732 to Heraklion in 1990...but only from Athens. I don't know if this fleet ventured beyond the south east Mediterranean.
Olympic Airways certainly operated their Boeing 737-200's beyond the south east Mediterranean.

In the early to mid eighties when Olympic Airways withdrew their fleet of Boeing 720's the airline operated their Boeing 737-200 aircraft on the summer only schedule from London Heathrow to Thessaloniki. At the same time Olympic Airways also flew a summer seasonal scheduled flight from London Heathrow to Corfu which was operated by their Airbus A300's.

Olympic Airways Boeing 737's we're often seen at northern European airports such as Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Geneva, London Heathrow, Paris CDG.

Olympic Airways Boeing 737-284 SX-BCI at London Heathrow Airport in July 1986.

Last edited by Sotonsean; 26th May 2021 at 23:15.