PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2021, 12:03
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SandyPalms
As I hear it went nowhere because QF kept asking for things that wouldn’t get more people back to work sooner, like removing MDC from certain duties to go along with the reduction in MGH that they wouldn’t committ to undoing when the world got back to normal. Seems like it was a conditions grab, designed to look like they cared.
That’s a long way from the version I’ve heard. It’s true that QF suggested some things that made their life easier during Covid such as reduced bidding timelines and other things like that. The things I heard discussed all had an end date though so it wasn’t a ‘conditions grab’ in the traditional sense that a line pilot might see it. I hadn’t heard about the ‘wouldn’t commit to undoing’ regarding reduced MDC but I’ll do some digging. Keep in mind that any variation still needed to be voted up so any ‘grab’ that jeopardised a ‘yes’ vote was short sighted in the extreme.

There are a few different reasons why EA variations are not being discussed in any depth any more. I’m happy to talk through them over the phone if people want to give me a call.