PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2021, 12:47
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Troo believer
What most of us on this forum have been saying for months is get vaccinated as soon as you can or face the consequences. When, not if, the virus breaks out once again you’d better be vaccinated. Apparently since the 4 cases have been found in Melbourne, people are booking in large numbers to get vaccinated. For those that think fortress Australia is the way to manage our way out of this. Ask yourselves how long are you prepared to wait? How long before we can enjoy some semblance of normality. How long will you have to wait or are prepared to wait to once again get in the flight deck and do what you aspired to do from day one? Ostriches are flightless birds. Don’t become one too.

I was talking with a crew that just returned from LAX last week. Tom Bradley terminal was packed, just like it was pre COVID. Masks on, people travelling, except of cause to Australia.

Four Corners tonight just articulated this perfectly.

https://youtu.be/22qHFXNI0mo
Standby for the “don’t need to go overseas anyway, just explore Australia” style comment..... 🙄

The comment sections of anything online are filled with exactly this sort of thing. The general public don’t care mate!!

I agree with you though. Australians need to get on with it and they should be making a bigger issue out of the fact it’s taking so bloody long!! Not even for travel reasons, look at Taiwan. Another large outbreak is simply a matter of time.

We travelled to the USA recently and plan on heading to Europe this (northern) summer. As vaccinated travellers mind you.

PS I’m not stuck in “fortress Aus”, before the rest of you worry about me bringing it back...