PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The next CASA CEO/DAS
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2021, 02:07
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by finestkind
What a truthful but laughable post. Having made a career out of following orders. Find me someone anyone in Government that has not had a career out of following orders, see "toe the party line". God forbid that you actually want people appointed to a portfolio with experience in that area. Imagine a Doctor as the minister of the Health Portfolio or a Teacher as the minister of the Education Portfolio or a Farmer, well you get the gist. But we cannot have that because unless you have spent your career following orders, sorry following the party line you will not be a politician in a position to be “portfolioed”. At least in general these people, not saying they have enough sense but have that survival instinct in trying not to make to bigger of a fool of themselves, have these experienced people on staff to advice.
“sense to re-think this fetish for appointing ex military people to manage things” Really ? So you have a person who has worked their way into a senior position by learning, having experience , in "managing" not only large groups of people but if not actually doing so being trained to handle significant situations but you would rather what? Have Betty the scone maker appointed as GG. Most civilian high achievers would not even consider this as it would be a step down, in their eyes, from their already gained financially high secure position. I guess you must be suggesting that a “Govemnit” person be appointed GG.
Betty the scone lady, Percy the train driver or Hector the cat could all do a better job if the regulator was to be managed more like the NZ CAA,dare I say it. Not perfect by any means, but an improvement on the current joke called CASA.

CASA has had a variety of CEO/DAS folk in recent years with nobody achieving real outcome;
Bruce Byron - Pilot. Failed
Screaming Skull - Pilot. Failed.
Air Marshall Skidmark - Defence. Failed
Shane Comedy - Career bureaucrat - Failed
Pip Spence - Career bureaucrat - Time will tell.