PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2021, 14:42
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ozbiggles
OK then, I have nothing better to do - 7 day average new cases 19 May 21
Singapore - 39
Taiwan - 186
South Korea - 641
New Zealand - 2
Japan - 5,578

Australia - 6 ( no current local acquired cases)

I'm sure the age newspaper is missing you in the comments section. I'm not a Scomo fan, but he is the PM of a country that if it hasn't had the best response, it is in the top 5 so you are just going to have to sux it up.

I could go on.
The Age?! Hahaha yeah sure. Just because I don’t think Scomo has great job makes me left wing huh??

Its not just about cases either. What about the way the treat returning citizens? I’ll bet we are near the bottom of that list then.

Not one of those countries threatened jail time for citizens trying to get home.... If you can’t understand why that’s a really bad policy, I’m not going to argue with you here.

Vaccine rollout: (doses per 100)
- Singapore: 60 per 100
- South Korea: 9.7 per 100
- Australia: 13 per 100
- New Zealand: 9.6 per 100
- Japan: 6.0

Singapore is the clear standout there. But we are so far down the list, we are only surrounded by relatively poor countries. Pretty much every single other “Western” country is so far ahead it’s not funny. We are supposed to be producing 1M AZ doses a week plus the 100K+ Pfizer doses, yet we can only manage 400K actual vaccinations?!

We had “one of the best responses” because we are an island. NOT because of our illustrious leadership.

For reference Australia had one of the lowest rates of mortality back in 1919 as well. But I guess that was also down to amazing leadership right? Couldn’t be anything to do with geography....