PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 3.1
Thread: Virgin 3.1
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2021, 08:16
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission has reveal for the first time the full scale of the airline’s strife before it was rescued - a $3.1bn loss in the year ending June 30, 2020, and it is carrying an ongoing debt of $1.2 bn.

Under the leadership of Borghetti and then ‘Scuz’, the airline was dead in the water and COVID banged the final nail in its coffin. So as much as people hate Bain and Mrs Jayne, without the two of them there would be no Virgin Australia at all, and in turn there would literally be no pilots, cabin crew and other Human Resources that make an airline possible.

My fear is that with current rumours being that International flying won’t resume until 2022, and that is very possible considering this pandemic is now in its 16th month, what is the Government going to do to ensure all of our domestic airlines stay alive??
Seems to me that she's fired all the right people that needed firing so far, I guess there's one or two previous execs that should have gone too but I suppose she needed to have someone who knew where the bodies were buried. There's still a few that need weeding out but I'm sure she'll get to them when the time is right.

Wonder if a certain person will be handing back their AO now that the full extent of the damage is known - reminds me of an old political quip from the 90s that seems appropriate "the biggest jobs and investment destroyer since the bubonic plague".......