PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VNA - expat pilots working without pay
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2021, 11:31
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Highrod
One sure thing is, having some selfish individuals accepting to prostitute themselves for whatever condition does not help the profession. They probably have a good laugh everyday in VNA office looking at those expats paid like **** going for quarantines in ****ty hotels with a big smile!

I'll keep the beer next to the pool and my pants on! Cheers 🍻
Much as I don’t want to cast doubt on your English language ability, I should draw your attention to the definition of prostitute.
prostitute something/yourself(disapproving)to use your skills, abilities, etc. to do something that earns you money but that other people do not respect because you are capable of doing something better.

So to take it further, if you see being an UBER driver or pool ligger as an occupation that is better than an airline pilot, then your analogy is correct. My view is different to yours but its a free world.

Your current view of your work colleagues who are supporting their families and the airline in trying times, and your view that management is somehow taking perverse pleasure in the current pandemic conditions is, sadly an indication of some kind of narcissist issue. The terms are there. If they are not acceptable to you then just turn them down until the current crisis is over.

As far as management goes, its not a job I would want, so I can only respect what they do and hope they get us through to better times. I don’t want their job, and so respect all that they do.

Sitting on the fence and abusing people. Thats a great attitude.