PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 3.1
Thread: Virgin 3.1
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2021, 23:28
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Global Aviator
I would also say Kudos to AJ.

the Aussie population needs to wake up and get vaccinated.

I bet many others want to say it but don’t have the kajones.
I couldn’t agree more. We are now 16 months in and what do we have;
  • still closed and semi-closed borders
  • still a decimated global economy
  • still COVID infected people around the Country
  • 99% of people fully recover
  • vaccines that don’t fully protect you anyway
  • less than 1% of the words population affected
  • numerous doctors and medical experts now saying ‘let the virus run its course’
  • we have a virus that is not going to disappear no matter what we do
  • countries and states applying different rules and measures with no consistency whatsoever with governments making **** up on the run.
Due to the lockdowns and restrictions cancers have gone undetected, suicide rates are up, debt has increased, businesses have gone broke, people are unemployed and society has been badly damaged. That is not because of COVID, it is because of the knee jerk reaction to COVID by governments who panicked. The old saying of the ‘cure being worse than the disease’ comes to mind.

Where are the TV and media campaigns that could be applied to both COVID and the flu?? Things that remind you to stay home and away from shops, schools, work and large gatherings if you are sick? Wash your hands and wear a mask publicly if you are sick and you need to exit your home (the Japanese have done this for many decades and have set the bar). Get vaccinated with a proven and effective vaccine that has been thoroughly researched and works in the high percentages! Basic stuff but it contributes to reducing the virus. A new approach needs to be considered sooner than later and that approach needs to be pushed by a country or states citizens because if you leave it with the government to mitigate this issue our futures are going to be even more miserable.