PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2021, 22:36
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I also understand the legal requirements around these new vaccines is different to normal flu and travel type vaccines. Simply because these are new and therefore the reactions of patients hasn’t been as well documented as other vaccines which have been around for years. So a doctor has to be around in case of adverse reactions. This is why your local chemist wharehouse isn’t doing them.

And money spinner. The AstraZeneca vaccine is being sold by them at cost. The Pfizer and others are not. I saw a table of the costs per vaccine and it was something like $10 for Astra and $30 for Pfizer. Multiply that by billions and … I might go get some Pfizer shares.

In initial deals with the U.S. government, Pfizer and BioNTech's vaccine costs $19.50 per dose, compared with $15 for Moderna's shot, $16 for Novavax's program, $10 for Johnson & Johnson's vaccine and $4 for AstraZeneca's.

The publication reports that Pfizer and BioNTech approached European officials seeking €54 per dose, or €27 billion for 500 million doses, last summer.While officials negotiated the price down to €15.50 per dose,

Cost is another inhibiting factor with Moderna's vaccine coming in at $37 per jab while Pfizer & BioNTech state theirs will cost around $20 per dose.. University of Oxford and AstraZeneca ..also significantly cheaper than its counterparts at just $4 per dose.