PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyinggroup Antwerp/NL assessment
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2021, 11:09
FlyTCI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilot dude
Just curious. Would you mind posting the offer here so more of us can get an inside of what companies are offering.

type-position-salary-extras etc

thats the whole point of you asking others for info and others learning from your experience
PC24 Captain €5040/month, €95/day per diem. They also had some sort of freelance proposal but I didn’t even entertain that as an option so didn’t pay too much attention to it.

The worst part was the bond, for a light jet. Bond for initial was €52700 with 3 years pro rated followed by a SECOND bond for recurrent of €35200. So in reality a €90000 bond for flying a light jet!!! Not gonna happen in my world. Any company who bonds you for recurrent has shown me they have a retention problem and that is enough for me not wanting to work for them.

It may turn into a nice little gig, and if I was at the end of my career and I wanted some beer money then I possibly would have entertained it, but not now when I am basically in the prime of my career, and on top of that have a confirmed interview for a job in the US which I will pursue instead.

This is for a first time jet (or any airplane) owner, and although he seemed like a nice enough guy, I am not sure he realizes the true costs of owning a jet. I wish them all the luck, but it wasn’t for me and I told them so.