PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Shot - Side Effects?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2021, 00:58
Kelly Slater

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Getting back to the Post topic, I had my first dose of the second class citizens' vaccine on Tuesday PM. I am a healthy and fit 62 without ever having had an adverse or allergic reaction to anything other than the antimalarial Fansidar. After 30 minutes, 15 minutes after leaving the vaccine centre, a headache set in. It became progressively worse and I took a couple of Panadol a few hours later. Headache continued and I developed a congested feeling in my head but without any phlegm or snot type issues, that is it felt like cold symptoms but without the cold.
When I went to bed that night, I began uncontrollable and violent shivering for about an hour. The shivers settled down a little to normal type shivering that persisted until about 4 in the morning at which time my body temperature finally felt almost normal. At that point, I would have gone to the hospital but I live remotely and no doctor is available without a two hour drive. The headache persisted. Wednesday, I was fatigued and felt as bad as I ever had. By this stage, I still had the headache but also now was suffering from a complete lack of sleep. Woke this morning feeling fine.