PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish Independence vs Military assets
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2021, 12:04
SimonK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thing is that even if they got all the military assets mentioned above, the costs of running them would be significantly higher than they are at present due to economies of scale.

Sturgeon was asked yesterday about what she would save from the £15 billion+ subsidy she gets annually from English tax payers.....cue no doubt popular reply for the Nat hardcore about binning the House of Lords and Trident. Which gets her around £300m, or 2% towards her £15bn target. I suspect that like Brexit, they will go for the heart and worry about the head afterwards. Scottish Independence would no doubt require popcorn on an industrial scale, but for my friends and family who are held hostage to a fruitloop fantasy, stuck in the neverendum merry go-round, I feel so desperately sorry. How many businesses have put off investment due to the continued uncertainty posed by the economic ruin of indy....how many businesses will move south? What state could Scotland be in now if it had a Government who focussed on helping rather than ruining their country?